Friday, December 12, 2008

SPLURGE!

So, with today having been the end of my final exams and with me raking in about $80 from selling my books back, instead of being sensible and investing it or saving it, etc, I decided to treat myself today and gave myself an early Christmas gift- that's right, I splurged. Jealous???

Ok, let me stop.

But I did take a trip to Stamp Your Feet and picked out a FIERCE new pair of boots to last me through winter, and I even got 10% off of them for singing karaoke :-) For dinner, I went to my favorite restaurant, Bento, and had great sushi. It's always awesome there. The 70's soft rock, the mints when you leave...

Anyway, my point is that every once in a while, it's good to splurge on yourself. Whether it be something like a new magazine or a movie out or a great dinner, being broke shouldn't be dreadful. I know I am going to look hot this winter, and that I don't know where I'll find great sushi like that when I graduate, and it feels good to treat yourself every once in a while.

So, what do you do to splurge?

1 comment:

Adrian Garcia said...

I got back $15 from over originally priced at $200 books. I bought myself a magazine. :)