Saturday, December 20, 2008

"You're Fired." "I quit."

So remember how I was telling you how great it was that I had a job waiting for me when I got back home? Well, not so much...

So I walked in to the office, ready and prepared to work, when I soon realized that there was virtually nothing for me to do. Everything is electronically filed now, so there is nothing paper to deal with. My actual boss was caught up with her own personal files, and told me she "had some documents to be typed, and you can sort this drawer out."

I, Erin Williams, am not a drawer sorter.

So, we both realized that there was not enough for me to do to keep me occupied for the next three weeks, so I quit/was fired. It was pretty bittersweet, since I had been working there for almost seven years, but sometimes you have to go.

So now, I am pretty much living off my assets until school starts again. But, on the bright side, I am having a really good break. I finally got around to cleaning and sorting out clothes in my closet, I washed everything, and have gotten caught up on every Christmas special to date.

So what about you? Have you ever been ousted from a job?

No comments: