Sunday, January 11, 2009

Financial New Year Resolution #5: SPLURGE





courtesy of the Boston Globe

Ok, so I am not a total Scrooge about my finances. I do like to go on junkets every once in a while, but not really, because that's still money I need...

Anyway, you can't be in a financial money pinch all the time without treating yourself. Having little treats along the way helps to give a small taste of what you term to be the "good life." I told you guys earlier about my end of the year mini - spree . In addition, I like to have pedicures, buy a book from Barnes and Noble,(which is rare, because I have been known to graze for copious amounts of time) and hit up the Dollar Spot in Target. You can get carried away on $1 anything!

So, no matter what your budget, always leave a little room to splurge. Buy that magazine! Have that sushi! Go see that movie! But there's nothing wrong with looking for the savings. At Barnes and Noble you can obtain the $25/year membership card, which, if you're a frequent customer, pays for itself. Go to your favorite restaurant during the day, when more specials are offered. Or, go see the matinee movie - nothin' wrong with that.

I hope this series has helped to enhance your financial outlook for the year. With that, I hope you take my words and apply them to your daily financial lives and be more mindful of your financial interactions - it's your money, after all!

No comments: