Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Dwindling Dining Dollars...



No, that is not me, but she has the same expression I do when I swipe my ActCard


I don't know about you, but at the beginning of every semester, I become quietly excited. I get a twinkle in my eye, a little pep in my step... i'm pretty jazzed. Why, do you ask? Only because the beginning of the semester means one thing: Dining Dollars.

Oh, how I love Dining Dollars. I use them everywhere - Buffalo Phil's, Domino's, all the convenience stores... I get to try so many things that I normally would shy away from with my regular money. Such as all the organic stuff we now have. And the pastries they serve at Starbucks. $3.50 is less of a pain when it dosen't come out of my pocket (although, in theory, it already did.) And - you can buy other things with it if you are in a place that sells them: toilet paper, detergent, hand sanitizer - you name it, i've bought it. Well apparently my raucous spending sprees have left me a little strapped, and we're not even through the semester - apparently my $300 has somehow disappeared, and now I have like, $70 Dining Dollars left.

Huh? What? How did this happen?

I personally believe it's because;
1 - I'm taken in by all of the different things to try;
2 - I've already paid for it, I might as well use it as I please; and
3 - I feel powerful swiping all willy - nilly
.

I remember as a freshman I divided up the number of weeks that we had in a semester by $300 and came out with $18.75, I believe. I was going to stick to that budget, and did for about a week, until I ordered pizza one night, and realized, "Well, I broke my budget, and you only live once..." I was out by Columbus Day. And this semester, I probably won't make it past February.

Oh well... it's my last semester and my pickin's are slim, and ooh! I want to try that tofu - rice - salsa thing...



Wa

2 comments:

Adrian Garcia said...

Agreed. Dining Dollars go quick.

Sara Elizabeth said...

Last semester I had $90 left because I had only used my precious Dining Dollars on taking my brother to dinner, lunch every now and then, and Lakeside market for misc. purchases.

When money gets a little tight at the end of the month, that's when I use my dining dollars. I can't wait to watch my extra DD's turn into BAMA CASH! :)