Tuesday, February 3, 2009

How Far Would You Go: Sugar Daddy?




Aww, who dosen't love Hugh Hefner?

So, in my periodic internet scrollings for the latest news in the world, I came upon this story that ran on Good Morning America on the resurgence of the Sugar Daddy.

Sugar Daddies, as have been popularized by American Culture, are typically older men who are financially independent and have money to spend. They support young girls with expensive clothes and homes, fabulous getaways and a substantial allowance. The girl in question dosen't really have to worry about her life - that is, unless she gets cut off.

Would you be willing to go that far in order to be able to afford the finer things? It has always been one of my personal mantras that when someone gives you money you give them power; I know that all too well from my memories of being a teenager and having to have my paychecks budgeted out by my mom. It was such a personal stab for me to be able to make my own money, only to be told how it was to be spent. But, I digress. Basically, you trade money for power, and as long as you use HIS money, he has power over YOU. Not a good trade, if you ask me.

Just ask former girl next door Kendra Wilkinson , who shared this about her life with Hef:

"Kendra also revealed the girlfriends were not allowed to spend holidays with their families and insists she disliked being paid an allowance of $1,000 per week, and is now totally against Hugh’s way of life.

She said: “I hate putting my hand out, but we couldn't have jobs other than getting appearance fees. Hef was kind of like my best friend, but a sugar daddy at the same time Hef made me feel beautiful."


Not worth it in my opinion. But then again, I'm 99.9% sure I will never be a bunny...

No comments: