Friday, February 27, 2009

Ode To Ramen




Oh Ramen, Oh Ramen
You dear, dear friend of mine
Oh Ramen, Oh Ramen
You've made my cheap life divine
You've always been present
Through good times and bad
Especially right before a payday
When my wallet has looked very sad.
I've never paid more than a quarter
for your warm, comforting taste
and you've always left me full-
not a noodle gone to waste!
Even when I've graduated
and moved on to bigger tasks
Your memory will always bring a smile to my face
Something that will last and last.

I do love Ramen!

I thought of this today when I was browsing in Publix for something to have for lunch. I could have bought sandwich meat, but turkey is way too expensive, and frozen dinners have bored me enough this week. As I was on the canned goods aisle, I saw a glimmer of something shiny in the corner of my life. Lo and behold, my favorite standby, Ramen, was beckoning to me with its creamy chicken flavor - and $0.20 price tag. With tomorrow being payday and today being broke day, I opted for the Ramen, which has never let me down.

Some Ramen - loving websites:

Rameniac a worldwide journey in the world of Ramen

Go Ramen - a blog that explores all types of Ramen - it dosen't all come in the "instant" section of the grocery store!

The Ramen Blog - for those who just love Ramen.

No comments: