Thursday, November 20, 2008

Bargain Shopping at: Dollar Tree

So, as I expressed in my previous post, I love the Dollar Tree. It's the one place where I can pick up a spatula, a sudoku book, and toothpaste all in one place for only a dollar apiece. The Dollar Tree, located at McFarland Mall, sells several items: cookware, cleaning supplies, stationery, hygenic products, canned goods, cookies chips and candy, toys, decorative novelties, a frozen food section, and much more. I use the Dollar Tree most at the beginning and end of the semester when I have to clean my dorm room from top to bottom. On my last trip (and I was just browsing this time) I found:

- Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cakes
- Christmas plates and mugs
- cornbread stuffing
- Vitamins
- A saucepan
- fake flowers.

You can't beat that!

So whereas a typical trip to Target could look like this:

- Toothpaste: 2.99
- Deodorant: 2.00
- Broom, mop, and bucket: 10.00
- Five pack of Gum: 2.00
- Birthday Card: 3.00

It could look like this-


- Toothpaste: 1.00
- Deodorant: 1.00
- Broom, mop, and bucket: 3.00
- Five pack of Gum: 1.00
- Birthday Card: 1.00

Where do you usually shop for necessities? Have you ever tried Dollar Tree?

No comments: