Thursday, November 27, 2008

Online Savings Accounts and why I love mine

So as I mentioned in my previous post, I have an online savings account. My savings account has allowed me to establish financial freedom for myself and save money on my own terms. It's a good feeling to be able to earn money; it's an even better feeling to have something to show for it. I now have a private nest egg that has no one else's money (i.e. a parent's) tied to it and that can collect more interest than a brick and mortar bank can.

Why to have an online savings account:

- More convenient banking
- Higher interest rates
- Total control of the cash flow

Possible negatives:

- Not a physical establishment
- Takes longer to withdraw money for the first time (ING has a 10- day wait, but after that, transactions are same - day.)


Online Savings Accounts worth exploring:

ING DIRECT
FNBO Direct
HSBC Direct

Read more about the ins and outs of online savings here!

Make an early New Year's Resolution and establish an online savings account today!

(Geez, I sound like a sales pitch.)

Happy searching! And...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving Pictures, Images and Photos

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.