Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Things I'm Thinking About: My Tax Return

So today, while wallowing in my thoughts of impending debt, I suddenly perked up when I remember that in around six or seven weeks, it would be my favorite time of year: Tax return time! Oh, how I love tax return time! Tax return time, for most of the employed, is that glorious time of the year when you get back the money withheld from the Federal Governemnt from the past year. Although mine has never totaled over $300, it's always a welcome occasion for me to spend it on something just for me, to thank myself for making it through the last work year. Last year, I bought my first designer purse, and the year before, I was able to outfit my car with a sound system. Both continue to serve me well. This year, I am especially excited because I learned how to file my own taxes. This way, I don't have to go through an accountant, and I don't have to wait as long for my return.

This year, my return is going to go into my online saving account. I am trying to save and build up enough revenue to have a decent Spring Break/Job Hunt in DC.

So, what are your tax return plans?

No comments: