Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Cost of: Time Off

So, as I was about to fall asleep over my computer this afternoon resulting from sleep deprivation, I realized that next week is out last full week of classes until Thanksgiving. I sprang up and decided to calculate how many days I would be working the next few weeks. The answer: not very many. I am taking off the Tuesday and Wednesday before Thanksgiving, and naturally the University will be closed Thanksgiving Day. Now, I could choose to stay and lament never going home, blah blah blah, or I could just enjoy my time off and try to pick up as many extra hours as I can.

In my opinion, I'm not losing money, but gaining time with family. I love my family more than anything in the world, so you can believe that I would not sacrifice a spare moment to be with them. I do know, however, I will have to work as many hours as I can after the break is over to buy presents for all of them though. It's such a catch - 22.

So tell me: do you plan to work up to or through the holiday or are you chunking the deuces?

2 comments:

Adrian Garcia said...

I don't work. But, I will be going home. :)

Tahir Imran said...

Phone Wallpapers ||Free Wallpapers and Thanksgiving pictures are the cheapest way to celebrate any event on Social media.