Friday, November 21, 2008

You're So Money: Work 'Til You Drop

In one of my favorite books, You're So Money , one of the ideas that author Farnoosh Torabi explores is working as much as possible when you are in your 20's. Torabi explains that since 20 - somethings are younger and are used to staying up until the wee hours, working several jobs isn't a big strain on our bodies. Also, you get to learn different skills and build up your resume.For instance, the author babysits on the side and is able to make enough money to finance her weekends out. I have a friend of mine who is a Capitol Hill staffer in DC but works three additional jobs so she is able to dress well and go to the best clubs in DC. (It ain't cheap, trust me!) I myself am an RA, I work the front desk at a dorm, and I work in a Housing office. Where does my extra money go? Late night trips to Wal Mart and occasional book buying at Barnes and Noble (but not without my 10% off coupon that they send me every month for being on the email list .

So what do you do to make money on the side? Work Gameday tents? Babysit? Work a dorm desk at 3am?

No comments: