Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Keep The Change

So, as one of my "continual savings programs", I have been a long time advocate of the original savings account: the change jar. Last year, I started putting all of my pennies in a salsa jar in my room. I didn't fill it up, but it made me feel good knowing that I was trying to save money. This year, I am doing the same thing, except my jar is now a plastic cup from the House of Representatives. It works like this: I deposit any pennies I come across, whether they be on the ground or from my purse, what have you, into my cup. when the cup gets full or whatever, I'll roll them and maybe treat myself to a Dollar Tree shopping spree. You know you love the dollar store! This is a good way to keep up with your extra change and gives you a little something to look forward to. I never use my penny jar, because, in my mind, it's just pennies. However, little things can make a big impact!

So tell me: do you still have a piggy bank? What do you do with your extra change?

No comments: